At AmGeneral Insurance Berhad, our mission is to ensure that our customers develop confidence in us and we aim to become an efficient service provider that is ever ready to listen and solve problems on all insurance matters involving our customers.
Customers can contact us through the following channels:
EASY TO REACH
We are committed to provide efficient and effective services in handling complaints and enquiries. Our Customers can contact us through these channels:
- Visit any of our branches nationwide
- Call us toll free at 1300-80-3030
- Write to us at:
Customer Care Center
No. 211, Jalan Tun Sambanthan
57400 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2268 6868
Our Commitment to Enquiries and Complaints
We believe that our customers are entitled to efficient, honest and fair treatment in their dealings with us, especially if something goes wrong.
We welcome any feedback on improving our services and genuinely want to resolve any problems that our customers may have. If we have not met our customers' expectations, we want to be informed of this. If we have exceeded our customers' expectations, we would also be glad to be informed about this.
Our complaints handling process is based on the following principles:-
- Acceptance – we recognize that we may not have met your expectations and will accept all complaints.
- Ownership – we are responsible for resolving your complaint. If we need to pass it to someone else due to the nature or complexity of the enquiry/complaint, we will inform you.
- Collection of information – we will confirm the details of your complaint and clarify if we are unsure.
- Treatment – we will ensure that both you and your complaints are treated fairly.
- Commitment – we will follow-through on what we commit to doing.
- Timeliness - if we cannot resolve your complaint straight away, we will strive to resolve at an average within 3 working days. For complaints which may take more time to resolve, we will keep you informed of our progress.
- Resolution – we aim to achieve a mutually acceptable resolution to all complaints.
Details of your Enquiries/Complaints
In order to resolve your complaint, it is important that you give us as much information as possible.
When you contact us, as much of the following information must be provided:-
- Account Information - name, policy number or account number
- Contact Details - mobile phone number or other preferred method of contact (house number, alternate mobile phone number, email, etc).
- Complaint Information – details of the complaint and any supporting evidence
Once we receive this information, we will be able to investigate your complaint and work towards a resolution.
If a customer feels that a complaint has not been resolved fairly, they should inform us accordingly and we will advise the customer on the alternative dispute resolution avenue available.
Response and Tracking
We shall provide timely response to customers in all your interactions with us:
- Walk-In Enquiries/Complaints
- Customers will be handled in a systematic manner to ensure that customers are dealt with on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Customers will be served within 3 minutes on their arrival at the customer service desk
- Full details of the customer and his enquiry/complaint will be recorded by the customer care staff
- Enquiries/complaints that do not require follow-up will be resolved on that one visit.
- Customers will be briefed on the next course of action to be undertaken by the company to handle enquiries/complaints that require investigation, etc. At an average, a customer should receive a response from the insurer within 14 working days of filing his complaint and the status of dealing with the complaint by the insurance company must be made known to the customer.
- Phone Enquiries/Complaints
- Written Enquiries/Complaints (E-mail, Fax, Letter)
Delivering Our Promises Through Our Claims Process
It is our endeavor to settle justified claims promptly through standardized procedures in claims administration. To facilitate your claims, you need to submit sufficient documentation.
Once you have made your submission, you can expect to receive a response from us at minimum within 28 working days for normal cases and 35 working days for complex cases. The claims procedure is as follows:
- Claims registration, complete documentation (stamp date received).
- Claims will be assessed or an adjuster appointed within 7 working days from date of receipt of completed claim form and all relevant supporting documents.
- For normal cases, customers will be updated on the progress in 14 working days.
- For complex claims cases (insufficient documents), customers will be updated on the progress in 21 working days.
- Claimant will be notified on the position of the claim (if investigations are still ongoing) within 60 working days from date of first notification and every 30 working days thereafter until the claim is resolved.
- Cheque issuance by Finance department in 3 working days.
- Cheque received by customers in 4 working days.
If a customer is not satisfied with the claims decision, they can write to us at:
Customer Care Centre
AmGeneral Insurance Berhad
Menara Shell, No 211, Jalan Tun Sambanthan,
50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
PO Box 11228, GPO Kuala Lumpur,
50470 W.P. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel +603 2268 3333
Fax +603 2268 2222
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
For documentation related to a specific claim, please visit www.ambankgroup.com/ Contact us/ Customer Feedback
Anti Fraud Statement
AmGeneral Insurance Berhad is committed to fraud control with an emphasis on proactive prevention, putting in place detection measures in its effort to reduce possibilities which could lead to fraud. Our approach to fraud control is focused on maintaining a legal and ethical climate which encourages all stakeholders to protect the Company’s assets and raise any suspicion of fraud. We believe in zero tolerance to fraud. Thus, when a fraud is detected, suspected or alleged, we are committed to fully investigate the matter. We will work closely with the relevant authorities to ensure that justice is served and implement measures to recover as well as to minimize losses
- AmBank Group owns many significant information assets which are crucial for its business operations. Therefore these information assets, especially the mission critical and important corporate or sensitive data and information systems, are protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or other misuse to ensure its confidentiality, integrity and availability are maintained at all times.
- It is also our responsibility to ensure that sensitive information assets are protected from lost or compromise. All employees and members of our extended enterprise are responsible for sharing information assets appropriately and protecting them from inappropriate disclosure, modification, misuse, or loss.
- The protection strategy is based on the following principles:
- Protecting information assets shall consist of identifying, valuating, classifying, and labeling in an effort to guard against unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification, destruction, or denial.
- Controls shall represent cost-effective, risk-based measures consistent with other policies and the strategic goals of the organization.
- The information assets protection strategy integrates traditional security, Information Technology security, legal, and administrative functions.
- Responsibility and accountability extends to all employees as well as the extended enterprise.
- We shall meet all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Information assets cover data on paper documents, data in digital format either as stored in the computer systems, electronic media or as transmitted over the communication network, and intellectual capital. Whatever form an information assets take, the organization must consider how best to protect its security.
We reserve the right to accept or reject an application to purchase our product. We will inform the applicant of the rejection and will also state the grounds for rejecting the application immediately.